Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Picked up a Nintendo Clone Extreme box model 2101 View next topic
View previous topic
ryan no log

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This thing has the light gun, two controllers and inside has an RF/Component board and a two chip computer board. Man do they have the NES simplified. This cost $14 and has a cartridge slot, now the question becomes how do I add more games? It has mario brothers a couple odd Pikachu games, the old sports games and olimpic games from the nes, spiderman, Tank 1999, Jewels and some other misc. The manual says I can install other games but cart design is different than the original NES. I am thinking though that it may be possible to mod this unit to accept regular NES carts (have no idea where to get games for the unit otherwise)

Anyone else know of any sources of info on these strange boxes, these days almost every system known gets hacked, if this one was or I could get the pinout of the cart I could make this a little more usefull to me, on a side note, with some wire I can plug regular NES joysticks into this box so I know its an exact clone.

Cheers
mf_2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 12:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There were NES clones? Cool, I didn't know that. Was it legal tosell those? I thought Nintendo patented the NES technology?
ryan no log

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Patents expire after 20yrs Nintendo thus far has made no attempts to renue the patent. As a result there are several NES clones some better than others, mine is the cheapest and most craptastic but there are several that are actually designed better than the original but AKA cost more than $14 with games built in.

Nintendo isn't real happy about them but has done little (or can't) to curb them or renue the patent.

Cheers
ryan no log

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 1:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually there ARE clones being made today, not were. I just bought this from my local wholesaler a couple months ago.

If anybody wants one they were $14.83. If I could have opened the box to SEE the unit I probably wouldn't have bought it as the cart design isn't a full clone of the original, though I have noticed full clones in the gamers monthly lately.

Cheers
ryan no log

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Turns out this thing is a Famicom clone and I need a socket adapter Sad
 Jump to: