Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mail away from home View next topic
View previous topic
wdegroot

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 12:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have picked up my ISP mail from other places and it seems to work, but for me it is hard to read. I much prefer using a copy of eudora with real b&W text.
I also realize that a full mail installation anywhere but on my main pc
makes it awkward as the mail is in more than one place.

I had all this in mind when I hooked up a pc about 4 ft . from the main pc, so I could browse while my son buys gun barrels and dispenses advice on transmissions.
I did 't want my OUT mail to be in 2 places.
finally as I had, sometimes, to wait, to get mail as he was making a deal to sell a transmissin. I decided to set up the oldest eudora here and
" leave mail on server" and 1-2 times a day get/ download all my mail over there.

the copy on the main pc of eudora that has big type set so I can see it.

this pc has a very large monitor that will not fit " over there" so i can use smaller or normal sized type.

but i tool it a step farther and copied the out.mbx and out.toc files as 1,mbx and 1.toc and carry the floppy over and then transfer the files usually 4-10 messages, to the old out box. ( in eudora there are 2 files for each mailbox and these are the 2 that hold the outgoing messages)

the disadvantage ( slight) is that the messages I answer here are not marked as answered on the main pc. but since i answer most messages right away, it is not important.
of course I am accumulating 2 sets of bookmarks
I had to install the cookies or whatever lets me answer on forumns
but since i am the only one using this machine, it makes some things easier.
 Jump to: