Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Clone 10MHz XT motherboards View next topic
View previous topic
Anonymous Coward

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So do you know what's pretty weird? The high density floppy controller I couldn't get going on my IBM PC/XT motherboard seems to work just fine on the V30 motherboard. What could be the reason for this? Is it possible that the BASIC chips are taking up a memory address needed by the controller?
untitled

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2006 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I thought all model Ms can automatically translate XT scancodes. All of the model Ms I've tried on my XT seem to work

Just because I was a little skeptical of that, I tested 10 of my model M keyboards on my 5150, and only the original PC/XT keyboard (without the status LED's) worked properly- all others did the standard gibberish (ei Enter="/") that comes from the scancodes being different-
this includes even the Original IBM PC AT keyboard manufactured in '83, all the way up to my newest Model M manufactured in '94

any ideas?
Confused
Erik

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

harshbarj wrote:
Anonymous Coward wrote:
I appreciate the offer, but I'm affraid I can't adopt anymore keyboards.

Should see my pile Shocked (somewere around 50 keyboards)

Yeah, I have the same thing going on at my house. I have a billion keyboards yet it's my hard drives that are usually the first to go. (Which I have the least of Razz )

About the Model M keyboard, I have the 83 key for my XT, I never really thought about trying to swap it w/ my M keyboard... (perhaps I'll give it a test later and see how it goes).
 Jump to: