Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone remember.... View next topic
View previous topic
T-R-A

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

the last version of Norton Ghost to support DOS? I've got a LPT CD-RW en route (actually an IDE drive and a 5.25 box with parallel connection to support it), but really need to figure out which version of Ghost will backup files to it using DOS 6.22. Need it in the new/old job of backing up pick & place data (already have it backed up to Zip drive and the network, but CD-R would be more reliable---and a LPT CD drive could be used for lots more than just backups)
VONVEGA

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 7:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The Norton Ghost 2003 bundled with my USB HD supported DOS, but i cannot remember mention to LPT Burners. (BYOD, Bring Your Driver)

P.S. The Da#¡!ed thing almost trashed my computer instead of backing it up. (now the CD is a pretty coaster)
T-R-A

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I remember a version at a former job that did burn to one, but forgot which version it was. It's biggest problem was figuring out the correct partition size...
wdegroot

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 12:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

if the usb drive has a letter, can you install the driver from a floppy and then use FILECOPY from the diskm,anager flioppy?
if not you may be stuck
I have a fhost thet runs from a win 98 boot floppy but I don't hink it will see a usb or parellel drive
\

if it's dos based long filenames will be lost
T-R-A

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
if the usb drive has a letter, can you install the driver from a floppy and then use FILECOPY from the diskm,anager flioppy?
if not you may be stuck
I have a fhost thet runs from a win 98 boot floppy but I don't hink it will see a usb or parellel drive
\

I'm not working with anything USB. I'm trying to backup an IDE drive (on some SMT Pick & Place equipment running off of 386's/486's using DOS only) to a parallel-port CD-R. I already have it backed up to Zip, but I'd like to start using CD-R instead. I've got the drivers for the CD-R to be recognized in DOS, just need something to do packet-writing in DOS as well.
 Jump to: