Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A bit dead in here lately? View next topic
View previous topic
Unknown_K

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Enjoying the summer outdoors?
wdegroot

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to notice, way back in bbs days and the FIDO net, that the canadianse always got busy in the winter.
here it's that it's cooler down here where the pc's are.
and in the winter, warmer because of the coal stove.

the craig's list as a TEMP?? replacement for the OCH is totally dead. a posting once a week.
creepingnet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I've been taking a break from compuers outside of work as I've been working on a band, and working on getting in touch with more modern hardware for my present job.

Plus I have not had much to do with my vintage stuff aside from use them now, they all are running the best they ever have, and have no software or hardware issues. The only configuration changes I've had to do as of late have been to temporarily set a computer up to make 360K floppies for my old Tandy 1000 boxes.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
T-R-A

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It gets that way in the summer here. Too much stuff to do (vacations, home improvements, yard work, etc.). Right now working 10+hr/day at the real job and with 50+ miles each way, it doesn't leave much time to monitor the boards...
386er

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

my old computers are all ok, so no need to fix them. i still take home old parts i see, i got a whole closet of stuff now.
creepingnet

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

386er wrote:
my old computers are all ok, so no need to fix them. i still take home old parts i see, i got a whole closet of stuff now.

That's about the case with me now, I've gotten to the point that I can't even justify having as much as I have, since i only really goof around with the 8088's, 286, and 486 most of the time when it comes to vintage gear, other than that, I use the new box (which will eventually have it's guts transferred to the more cooling efficient 1980's AT to ATX converted GEM case eventually) most of the time, and have my first decent PC (Flight) upgraded to an AMD K-6 with a second hand crappy DV Capture card for making youtube vids of old game systems and the 8088's with. I've got all I want, and just about everything is maxxed out anyhow.

View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN Messenger
Andrew T.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Admittedly, my visits here have become increasingly erratic over time. Over the last few years, I've simply had less and less time and enthusiasm for tinkering with computers, and I ultimately let my accumulation of parts go. Lately I've been content in devoting less time to hardware upgrades and vintage hardware and more time to using computers productively.

I still try to poke in here every once in a blue moon, though, just to keep on top of things in case anything exciting goes on.

Jump to: