Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

ps/2 Model 56slc 2 View next topic
View previous topic
k2x4b524p

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i've cracked this gem open again, i've an IBM cd-rom that matches in an external case, but i can't get the c60 cable needed for it, so i wanna take it out of the case and stick it on the inside. i can make the rails and have leads on some ps/2 hulks that have been left for dead. But i need to know what the adapter is for it so i can get the drivers. I've also an ARCO at-ide adapter for mca, but again that leaves the drivers and the rail issue, but i'm concerned abut the scsi thing
Unknown_K

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Are you talking about the funky SCSI external connector found on some IBM MCA cards that would connect to that external drive, or the funky internal SCSI connector some IBM MCA cards have that connect to their cards?

From what I seen IBM uses normal SCSI drives they just use oddball connectors on their cabling. I had to get a special external cable to connect a caching MCA scsi card to normal centronics external SCSI cases. I also notice the internal cable connectors to their cards are special as well (card edged or funky centronics for the wide SCSI drives).
k2x4b524p

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i'm talking about the one that is on the planar itself. it's a standard scsi 50pin drive, BUT i want to use the external port as i dont have the slide rails for the cd-rom. i NEED to find those...
T-R-A

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If memory serves, the IBM external SCSI was non-standard, so finding stuff to work would be problematic at best. Hacking something together may have to suffice...
k2x4b524p

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

how would i cobble that together? i'd need the pin-out and the c60 connector on one end, or find a way to route a 50-pin to a slot cover, and have an adapter that makes it into a standard scsi cable
 Jump to: