Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

XT class laptop View next topic
View previous topic
Unknown_K

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lately I have been collecting older laptops. A few weeks ago I snagged a Tandy 1100 FD, a NECV20 equipped laptop with a green CGA screen.

The same place has an old Toshiba luggable there, might go back monday and snag it for the heck of it (286 I think).

Anybody else collect these old beasts?
386er

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i got a few, i got a zenith with cga display Surprised a grid with romdos and a toshiba 1200 i think (286) a compaq slt 286 along with various 386/486 laptops
dw

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Yes. I collect old lappies.

I have a really nice Toshiba T4800CT laptop from 1994. Its my latest addition to the collection.
http://www.uncreativelabs.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1000&highlight=

As for the Tandy 1100FD, I have had a few of them in the past. I bought one at a flea market in 1996. I paid $100 for it. And I had one given to me free back in 2000. The 1100FD is the one with the EPROM chip for a C: drive with Tandy Deskmate preloaded. IIRC, There is a three disk set you can download with all the features and a few games for Deskmate on the 1100FD.

Once in a blue moon I find working and semiworking laptops in the 486 and below class at the flea market. My area is typically dry of old computers.
max

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I also collect old XT laptops. Olivetti Quaderno (A5 size V30 CPU laptop, running from 8 AA batteries for many hours), some NEC, Acura and several palmtops (HP200LX, Sharp PC3100)
 Jump to: