Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Compaq SLT/286 Power supply View next topic
View previous topic
moijk

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi. I'm Geir. I collect old computers. Mainly home computers from the mid 70s to mid 90s but also IBM (compatible) computers that have a place in history.

I got an old and beaten up Compaq SLT/286 w/o power supply I want to get back to life. I know the trick about connecting power to the battery plugs but that's the last resort. Since it has broken plastic and all that getting it 100% original is not needed. So I want to rewire the power plug to be able to take a home made power supply and charge the battery (also going to be home made from modern batteries).

I found a thread about it from years ago here:

http://www.uncreativelabs.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1016&sid=c3b278f4333b7337414824d9c3286b1e

I wonder if anyone have a good conclusion on whatever the pinout really is. I'm good at doing stuff after a diagram or tutorial, just not very good at figuring it out by myself. yet. Smile
rv

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

well...
i did stumble upon an auction on the german ebay that would relieve you of a lot of headache should you win it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Compaq-Computer-Zubehorkonvolut-Historische-Computertechnik-/282008262865?hash=item41a90098d1:g:HWoAAOSw1DtXElHm

i imagine that you could use those charging docky things for something

as for the pinout itself i have to admit that i haven't a clue.
the only thing that i can think of is that in general negative/common connectors on pcb's have a tendency to be fatter than the positive ones
some diodes could also give some hints by which way they are turned but if that psu is giving out 5v and 12v the game is a lot harder.
the first thing i can think of is to acquire an original psu and work from there.
data on old computers isn't as abundant as it used to be.
rv

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well... the stuff is sold now.
Hope you were the one to get it
srwalter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently picked up an SLT/286 from Computer Reset (a couple of them, actually). Here is the pin-out for the charger connector:

Bottom left pin is power
2 pins on the right GND
bottom middle GND
 Jump to: