Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Discord? View next topic
View previous topic
harshbarj

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just wonder is any of you hang out on Discord? If there are Vintage computer discord servers? One of the other groups(art) I used to hang around with years ago set one up as the site was essentially dead.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

On a side note. My website is down and may never be back up. My domain was through godaddy and my hosting was at hostgo. For some reason I set my admin e-mail to the 386page.com address. Well, something went wrong with my godady account and now I can't access it and godady outright refuses to help.

So any links to that site are likely forever dead. The site still exists on hostgo, but with no domain name linked to it. To be honest It's not really of much use anyway and I could use that $30 a month. Especially being on administrative leave for the last 2 months!

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 7:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're paying too much. UCL is hosted with Inmotion Hosting as part of a plan that gives 6 websites for $10/mo.

I've also switched to Porkbun for domain registrations... they're the most fair I've found yet.

>score
Your score is 202 (total of 350 points), in 866 moves.
This gives you the rank of Adventurer.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
harshbarj

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Puckdropper wrote:
You're paying too much. UCL is hosted with Inmotion Hosting as part of a plan that gives 6 websites for $10/mo.

I've also switched to Porkbun for domain registrations... they're the most fair I've found yet.

I do run one other website. So that $30 is for two sites. But yes, I know I over pay. Sadly Godaddy is not consistent with their billing either. One month may be $29.99, the next month is 49.99. Then back down to 29.99 with no explanation. But I have been with them since 2001, so it might be a pain to move.

That said, godaddy FINALLY responded to an e-mail I sent nearly a month ago and fixed the problem. So my page is back up for now.

Now, do I want to keep the page up. It's not really used much, with an average of 15-20 downloads a month. I also don't really do much with old computers. Every time I try to get one out, it's dead for one reason or another. I'll look into those services and see if it's viable to move. Thanks.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2020 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

harshbarj wrote:

That said, godaddy FINALLY responded to an e-mail I sent nearly a month ago and fixed the problem. So my page is back up for now.

Just a heads up, it looks like the reviews are down on your site (386page.com). They just show a blank screen when you click on the links.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Erik wrote:
harshbarj wrote:

Just a heads up, it looks like the reviews are down on your site (386page.com). They just show a blank screen when you click on the links.

Thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately the code I wrote around 2007 was no longer working with the latest updates hostgo did.

I have taken the site down due to financial problems with still being out of work thanks to covid-19. Have to coast to January with my savings when the library will unquestionably open again thanks to a new budget year. I may bring it back in late January, but likely after a full rewrite.

Jump to: