Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Still looking for parts View next topic
View previous topic
NViousGK

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Twisted Evil I received my IBM 5161 Expansion Unit today and overall, it's in great shape, although it is missing a few small things and some of the hardware is wrong. So I'm hoping to find what I need to complete the unit here, since Google, Amazon and a few other sites can't even come close.

To start off, I actually need 1 full height MFM drive with the black plate attached and I also need one more additional plate to attach to my existing MFM drive. I have to replace my MFM controller because the mount is broken, but that's no big issue. Cables would be nice too, although, I can buy the cables on E-Bay if I really have to. If what you have is RLL, that's fine too, as long as everything is there to complete the set up, meaning there are 2 drives, with the covers, cables and controller card. Same with SCSI, as long as the drives have the drive bay covers and there is a controller and cables, I would be happy to go with SCSI. But, I'm also afraid the price will be out of my reach, which brings me back to trying to get a single 10 to 32 Meg drive, cables and blanking plate for my existing drive, and the controller. As I mentioned before, as long as I can get the drive, and the extra plate for my existing drive, I can buy a controller and cables through E-Bay. Crying or Very sad

Please, whatever rout we decide to go for our deal here, these drives and controller must be supported by the IBM PC system. Exclamation

In addition to the hard disks and controller, it is missing 2 of the cork feet, and I would like to replace the case removal screws with original hex head screws too. The expansion unit also needs 3 of the rear expansion slot covers. (You know, those "L" shaped brackets) and finally, I could use about 3 of the plastic slot support guides for full length cards. Question

If someone here has a drive or drives along with the controller and the rest of these parts at a price I can afford, I can make the purchase right now, I am ready to buy. Razz

I just hope it all makes sense. And, sorry for making this so long. Embarassed

I also hope we can make a deal soon, I want to get the expansion unit up and running as soon as possible and the drives are the only thing holding me back.

Thanks for reading. Have a great day. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cork pads can be made, but Lorne at the VCF made some last year and were selling them at cost. He may have a few left. Check this thread:
Cork Pads for IBM 5150, 5160, 5170 (and similar) & Clicky Keyboards
NViousGK

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I popped a PM his way. Lorne has helped me out previously.

Thanks much.

Jump to: