Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MIDI Files View next topic
View previous topic
TinyTinker

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay... I'm not much of a music afficianado unless it comes to listening. I don't play instruments, I don't know how to read sheet music or anything like that. So any help would be appreciated, if anyone here knows how to do that sort of thing.

I have a particular MIDI file:
www.geocities.com/dwsmithii/ufp.mid

Its the National Anthem of the United Federation of Planets. Yeah, I'm an an Über Star Trek fan.

What I need is a way that can extrapolate each note in the file and write it in lay speak and not sheet music something my Nokia 1600 cellular phone can comprehend like..
Code:
4#f1 32e1 4g3
so I can create custom r*ngtones. Unfortunately my el-cheapo Nokia will not let me download custom midi files to it.

But nonetheless I thought I would be cool to have the Federatioin Anthem as my r*ngtone. So what do you think?
Puckdropper
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

http://library.thinkquest.org/15413/theory/note-reading.htm

Here's a good start on reading the music for yourself. Since you don't have learn it to play it, you can use a reference like this.

There may be software out there that will convert your midi file into Nokia's format.

>score
Your score is 202 (total of 350 points), in 866 moves.
This gives you the rank of Adventurer.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
T-R-A

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Try this:

http://www.ringtonecreator.info/demo/
TinyTinker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good lord.. there is no way I'm paying $250 USD to make r*ngtones. Yes. This software is exactly what I need and the demo is only 10 seconds, my midi is 59 seconds.

Apparently this r*ngtone business is a serious racket if there ever was one. Searching google all I get is ad sites wanting to sell me monthly subscriptions for $10-$15/mo. It's insane and should be criminal.

I checked with Nokia and there is no datacable or software option I could purchase from them.

Thanks Anyway.
ryan

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 11:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You could always remove the memory from your cellphone solder in a port and write data to it when it has the battery removed, of coarse you would need to know the file system, the format, etc.

http://www.i-hacked.com/content/view/196/47/

Or if your phone happens to be one that is already hacked...
TinyTinker

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys for your effort.

I have come to the conclusion that it would be futile and very costly to do what I want to do with the hardware I have. I need a better phone than what I got. Maybe something along the lines of an Apple iPhone.
 Jump to: