Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone tried.... View next topic
View previous topic
T-R-A

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 12:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Apple's new beta of their Safari browser for Windoze? Everything looks kinda cool compared to anything else (i.e. borders, pull-downs, etc.)

Gotta admit, it's loads stuff faster than anything I've ever seen (even FF or Opera).. Shocked Shocked Shocked

But it crashed while trying to modify the toolbar... Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Anonymous Coward

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 1:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not too excited, as Safari isn't really that great on on OS X to begin with. Did you know that Safari is based on Konquerer (aka that browser that comes with KDE)
T-R-A

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As I began using it a little more last night (at work---great when you have admin. rights on your own machine Very Happy), it started feeling very "Firefox-ish". Still, I gotta admit, I've not seen any graphical browser render pages as fast. Were it not for having DSL, and if they had just a couple more things worked out (like offering pop-up/image blocking), I'd be tempted to make it a default. For me, it was more stable than Mozilla Firebird 0.7 when it first arrived (and I'm a HUGE Mozilla fan, so that's not easy for me to say...). I did browse around various tech sites and stability appeared to be the main problem other folks were having...
Erik

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 5:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anonymous Coward wrote:
I'm not too excited, as Safari isn't really that great on on OS X to begin with. Did you know that Safari is based on Konquerer (aka that browser that comes with KDE)

I've never had a problem w/ Konquerer before, except the fact it's a mem hog. Rolling Eyes
 Jump to: