Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Old software, search ebay or pirate? View next topic
View previous topic
386er

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

i only use cds for data and coping cds. i store all my cd and dvds in boxes and have backup on cassete and VHS , and BETAMAX tape. if im just moving a small file, i'll use a floppy. i feel safer with magnetic media than cds
Trixter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 5:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

harshbarj wrote:
I seem to have bad luck with recordable media. nearly every cd-r I have ever burned is dead. Also I have noticed most of my dvd-r are also starting to fade. I store my dvd collection (and my shrinking cd) in a storage case for cd's (700 at last count). with cd-r the problem I had mostly was rott. I'd hold a disk up to the light and see points of light all over. With the dvd's the problem is unknown. I use an array of disk types covering every major brand.

Rot is usually caused by light, heat, and humidity. I keep mine in a cool dry dark place and the first CD I ever burnt (1995) is still readable.
View user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerICQ Number
 Jump to: