Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My new toy... View next topic
View previous topic
JaumeCAT

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, because i want to put SCSI on the thing, i can try mi PCMCIA twin slot reader with it. At least i know it works with storage stuff (CatTuna cards, CF's with cheap pcmcia adapters, Flash memory cards) Well, all the derelict media my derelict digi-cam collection uses.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, but thats been "In Developement" for at least 7 years now. I believe some of them are in the flesh through 3rd parties for "specific" applications with special drivers. Mainly scientific purposes. Very much like the labvolt scsi to usb adapter, never gonna see it except paired with something strange to interface to legacy equipment.

386er wrote:
i seen another usb adapter for usb 1.1
linky here http://www.simtec.co.uk/products/EB1161ISA/card-senw-sml.jpg
its in develpment as of now, and yes, i have seen usb drivers for dos, hell i have them on a cd some where (boot cd for recovery and reformating, stuff like that) but i think there just for drives. if anyone is interested, pm me for a zip(if i can find the cd.) and yes, pcmcia is 16bit, my linksys wireless card didn't work, it did say cardbus on it. but i get the 2 confused since cardbus is backwards compatible and they look the same, and i dont fool around with pcmica or cardbus stuff as much as ISA and pci
JaumeCAT

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, the thing arrived today.

Everything looks to work fine, but the screen, it looks atrocious! Too bright and with lcd bleeding, instead of the crisp display expected.

I seen no wheel controls to adjust the display, i supose it would need a key combo or a setup program... (Please, no!)

In bios no option for the screen exists.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It should not be a problem to find a user manual. T3200 is not so old (like my XT accura laptop, where google is just silent)

I guess it will be some key combo where either arrow keys or pgup/pgdown will be involved
JaumeCAT

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, max, i searched in the net till my eyeballs bleed for a manual, with no luck... But i found some References from Toshiba about a utilities floppy, but this floppy don't includes anything like a screen adjust TSR.

This left me with two possible clues:

-1 Adjustment relies in BIOS and needs some ackward key combo

-2 Screen don't got adjustment capabilities at all, meaning a defective TFT.

Curiously i seen slightly image quality gain after few minutes of use, i gonna left it plugged and on all the night, maybe it solves by itself...

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Seeing you mention TFT... I do not know that particular model, but I think, that this display is not TFT technology. It will be something like DSTN or STN. And STN may look like crap in comparision with TFT. Typically on STN or DSTN the black is more gray than black and contrast is poor. Also you can see some darker and brighter areas. So may be what you see is normal? Can you make a picture?
JaumeCAT

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 9:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

max wrote:
Seeing you mention TFT... I do not know that particular model, but I think, that this display is not TFT technology. It will be something like DSTN or STN. And STN may look like crap in comparision with TFT. Typically on STN or DSTN the black is more gray than black and contrast is poor. Also you can see some darker and brighter areas. So may be what you see is normal? Can you make a picture?

it's TFT, it was the first comp with TFT!

ASAP i would post a pic of the screen.

P.S. I got too for peanuts a Satelitter t2130ct...

A 486DX4 @ 75 Mhz (this is good, i got for years a DX4 100, now is long gone, i ever wanted a 486)
16 MB ram (Decent stuff for DOS)
TFT 10.4" (another real TFT)
LPT port Cd-ROM (Can be fun get it to work in my XT)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi, i got news about the 3200, after some days sitting on it's side, i booted it again, the screen looked poorer than usual, (DOS background in dull grey with slightly darker grey text) but after some seconds some hor. lines started to view lees lame (Still in reversed video) Then the whole screen looked dull back, but DOS was readable.

Now i going to dismantle it clean it,and re-asemble maybe i am lucky and it fixes by itself

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 5:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

stick some pics up, and becareful dismantaling the tft, if done incorectly part of your screen will come up as white lines.
 Jump to: