Return to Uncreativelabs.net front page Uncreative Labs
PC XT and AT forums

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

QUIZ: find some differences View next topic
View previous topic
max

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry for fancy subject. For few seconds I was thinking that I finally found 5160. On this auction:
http://aukro.cz/item434631152_rarita_pc_xt_ibm_model_5160_r_1983_rarita.html

but.... scroll down to real pictures. Does the motherboard looks like a XT? I don't think so. I can see 16bit ISA slot, motherboard looks tiny and I can also see the CMOS battery. Not talking about some buttons and leds on the right side of casing. So is this thing worth to buy? For how much? Considering that only case is original.....
T-R-A

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Not talking about some buttons and leds on the right side of casing. So is this thing worth to buy? For how much? Considering that only case is original.....

Given that it was made in the UK, I'd expect some differences, but like you said---it does appear to have a mobo with 16-bit slots. Likely a machine that someone has upgraded. Without more info from the seller, you can't guarantee that it's not just an XT case with a monochrome card and LPT port housing a 486 motherboard. He also doesn't show any photos of it "working"...
max

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I asked him for some more details, explaining him why, but looks like he is going to pretend that it is original until the end of the auction. The feedback he will get can be interesting Wink So I keep searching Sad
sgtsquid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 3:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That mobo looks familiar. I have one that looks just like it, and it's a cheap generic 386. As far as differences with the English model, My 5162 was made in England and it looks just like the American version.
Anonymous Coward

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Look at the right edge of the front bezel. Somebody drilled holes for buttons and LEDs.
Diky

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree with sgtsquid, mobo looks like an usual cheap 386 motherboard (3,6v battery, 4 simm slot, etc).
 Jump to: